Porous media air bearings distribute the air much more evenly. Because of this, they offer the benefit of more load capacity, higher stiffness, better gap stability, etc. In addition, the porous material (graphite) has a natural lubricity. Therefore, your assembly will still work even if the bearing briefly makes contact with the guide. An orifice air bearing however, will have metal on metal contact which could damage both the bearing and the guide. The porous media air bearings won't get damaged from contact.
- What maintenance do air bearings need?
- What is Oav Air Bearing Material And Technology?
- How do Air Bearings Work?
- How much do air bearings cost?
- How accurate are air bearings?
You can comment this FAQ